PROTEST! PROTEST! PROTEST!
CALL FOR BOYCOTT OF ALL NBA BRANCHES’ MEETINGS FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE, 2021, UNTIL JUSUN CALLS OFF THE ONGOING INDEFINITE STRIKE ACTION
1. Learned members of the NBA and comrades! Recall that this strike action declared by the JUSUN on the 6th April, 2021 has been ongoing for over 60 days till date, as a call for financial autonomy of the judiciary and all courts across Nigeria have since been shutdown under locks and keys!
2. Learned members of the NBA and comrades! Recall that the national NBA has been supportive of the strike action by the JUSUN at the detriment of its own financial members and with whose moneys NBA runs its administrations!
3. Learned members of the NBA and comrades! It is no more an understatement to vehemently state that the majority of private legal practitioners, litigants and the common man in our various communities have been undergoing untold hardship in all ramifications!
4. Learned members of the NBA and comrades! It remains the true fact that NBA’s executives must listen to the yearnings of its own members! And we are its members and financial members for that matter!
5. Learned members of the NBA and comrades! Also recall that the executives of the NBA have refused or failed or rejected and or neglected to find solutions to how its own members would not continue to suffer hardship from this strike action, especially the young lawyers, but has continued to sing solidarity for JUSUN (a nonmember and a nonfinancial member for that matter)!
6. I therefore call on all members of the NBA at all branches to boycott all NBA’s branches’ meetings of this month of JUNE, 2021, in protest against the continuous strike action by JUSUN for which NBA national holds solidarity!
Injustice to one, is an injustice to all!
Aluta continua, Victoria asserta!
Comrade Hameed Ajibola Jimoh Esq.
Human and socioeconomic rights activist.